KU student killed in car crash on Hwy 59 | News
LAWRENCE, Kan. — An overnight crash just south of Lawrence killed a University of Kansas student Friday night.
The Kansas Highway Patrol said Brian Boyd, 21, of Leawood was killed along Highway 59.
Troopers reported Boyd ran a stop sign, hit an SUV and his vehicle flipped.
Boyd was killed in the incident. The other driver was hurt, but will survive.
Troopers said the KU student was not wearing a seat belt.
Upcoming Events near Lawrence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hundreds of locals give Theatre in the Park auditions a shot
- VIDEO: Craftsman show the artistry of making marbles
- Kansas fisherman awaits DNA testing to confirm he broke record for biggest trout
- Supreme Court of Kansas rules funding structure to school districts is unconstitutional
- Man scammed by thieves saying they would kill his brother