KU student killed in car crash on Hwy 59 | News
LAWRENCE, Kan. — An overnight crash just south of Lawrence killed a University of Kansas student Friday night.
The Kansas Highway Patrol said Brian Boyd, 21, of Leawood was killed along Highway 59.
Troopers reported Boyd ran a stop sign, hit an SUV and his vehicle flipped.
Boyd was killed in the incident. The other driver was hurt, but will survive.
Troopers said the KU student was not wearing a seat belt.
Upcoming Events near Lawrence
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Prairie Village comic book writer about to experience success on TV
- A week of healing follows shootings at Jewish Community Center, Village Shalom
- ALDI brings jobs to Olathe area
- Olympian Ambrosi believes softball belongs in future Olympiads
- Former Kansas House member Dahl dies in ultralight plane crash